The 8th international conference on plasma nanoscience will continue the main theme of the conference series, in particular the fundamental science and applications of low-temperature plasmas, ion beams, lasers, and related approaches and its relation to the fabrication, synthesis, modification, and integration of nanoscale materials, structures, and functional devices. The conference also welcomes talks on how plasmas interact at the nanoscale and opportunties for plasma nanoscience to impact emerging technologies.
For the scope, aims, basic approaches, and recent advances in the field of plasma nanoscience, we refer to the following special issues, reviews and books:
- Special issue on Plasma synthesis of nanoparticles, J. Phys. D Appl. Phys. 48(31), 2015 iopscience.iop.org/0022-3727/48/31 (Editors, R Mohan Sankaran and Uwe Kortshagen)
- Special issue, Fundamentals of plasma–surface interactions 2014 J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 47 Issue 22 iopscience.iop.org/0022-3727/47/22 (Editors: Annemie Bogaerts, Erik Neyts and Antoine Rousseau)
- Special issue on Plasmas for Enhanced Catalytic Processes, Catalysis Today Volume 256, Part 1 (2015), (Editors Tomohiro Nozaki | Erik C. Neyts | Mohan Sankaran | Kostya (Ken) Ostrikov | Chang-jun Liu)
- Review article on Plasma nanoscience: from nano-solids in plasmas to nano-plasmas in solids. Advances in Physics 62, 113-224 (2013) www.tandfonline.com/toc/tadp20/62/2 or arxiv.org/abs/1306.6711.
- Additional details about the conference topics can be found in our previous publications: J. Phys. D Special Issue, "Perspectives in Plasma Nanoscience", 2011 [ Editors: Kostya (Ken) Ostrikov, Uros Cvelbar, and Anthony B. Murphy].